WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre
At WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre you can have a taste of the wild, without having to get your feet muddy – unless you want to! Get up close to rare and exotic birds, mammals and the largest collection of amphibians in the UK, set in the tranquil surroundings of our nature reserve.
There’s something for all the family 364 days a year, whether you want to walk along beautiful trails teeming with wildlife, splash in the outdoor water play area, or relax and spot water voles from the canoe safari before having afternoon tea. You can also hand feed the rarest goose in the world!
- Free accessible car parking provision – 14 designated spaces
- Trained assistance dogs welcome
- Hearing induction loop in reception
- Maps can be enlarged
- Plenty of manual wheelchairs available to loan please book ahead of visit
- Several mobility scooters to hire for a £5 suggested donation, please book in advance
- The paths around the site are level access
- There are some gates. Please ask at kiosks or reception if you require assistance
- There is step-free entry to most of our hides
- Sloane Severn View Observation Tower & Peng Observatory accessible for mobility impaired & wheelchair users
- 6 accessible toilets across the site
- Wheelchair-accessible Land Rover safari
Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful and will carry trays to the table if required
Opening Times: Because there is always something to see and do, WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre is open 7 days a week, 364 days a year. They only close to the public on 25 December.
Winter (November to March) 9.30am to 5.00pm (last admission 4pm); Christmas Eve 9.30am to 3pm (last admission 2.30pm)
Summer (April to October) 9.30am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm). Visitors are not permitted to be in the grounds after closing time at 5.30pm.
Photo Credits: © Copyright (Photo 1&2 Ben Langdon) (Photo 3 Nick Cottrell)
For further information please visit: http://www.wwt.org.uk