Webb Ellis Rugby Football Museum
A small museum located less than 100 yards from where the game began. Match balls have been hand stitched on this site for over 180 years. A wealth of rugby memorabilia for the rugby enthusiast.
The museum is situated opposite Rugby School in the original building where William and then James Gilbert, boot and shoe makers, moved premises from High Street in 1842 to expand their rugby footballs manufacturing business. This tradition still continues today on site with Webb Ellis Ltd, giving it the accolade of having the longest continuous association with the game of rugby in the world.
Facilities: Limited disabled access (please ring in advance of visit), dogs not welcome, car park with charge.
Opening Times: Mon-Sat 9-5, Sundays closed, open on certain Bank Holidays, please ring to check.
Costs: Free Admission
Photo Credits: © Copyright Rugby Borough Council