Tatton Park - The Mansion
This elegant mansion sits in an elevated position in the heart of 1,000 acres of landscaped parkland, home to Red and Fallow deer amidst over 50 acres of gardens. The mansion houses one of the National Trust’s finest libraries and an outstanding collection of Gillow’s of Lancaster furniture. Add to this the extensive array of domestic offices and servants’ quarters and the Mansion offers a complete view of life in days gone by.
From the turn of the 18th century the Egerton family made a home on this site. An earlier house was extensively re-modelled in the Neo-Classical style, between 1780 and 1813 by the architects Samuel Wyatt (1737-1807) and Lewis William Wyatt (1777–1853). The rich furnishings of the Tatton Park mansion and its important collection of paintings and books reflect the growing wealth and status of the Egerton family at the end of the 18th and during the 19th centuries.
Photo Credits: © Copyright Tatton Park
For further information please visit: http://www.tattonpark.org.uk